We have set ourselves an elusive goal: we want Veszprém to be the city with proportionally the highest number of musicians and singers in Hungary. We do not want to measure this as much as we want to feel it, simply because numerous studies tell us that cities with more musicians are the happiest.
Veszprém was awarded the UNESCO City of Music title in 2019, and since then, we have been working to be worthy of that title every day. Veszprém is Leopold Auer's hometown - this is a source of pride but also a responsibility.
We believe in building from the bottom up. We start by providing musical experiences that appeal to the youngest children, by training professionals, providing inspiring venues for amateur orchestras, unique educational and community opportunities for young and old. We will create opportunities for beginners and those who want to start anew, breathe new life into choral traditions, perform musical curiosities for the discerning and demanding Veszprém audience. Music here is not a something happening to us, it is happening with us.
Music/City projectsMore projects
- Veszprém Street Music Festival Category: Music/City projects Do dream awake in Veszprém!
- Swing-Swing Café Category: Music/City projects A meeting point for generations.
- Baroque Organ Music in the Churches of the Balaton Uplands Category: Music/City projects Masterclass by Sietze de Vries.
Music/City eventsMore events
- "Sir" Oliver Mally & Peter Schneider - 14.04 Music/City events Two guitars, one harp and the voice of „Sir“ Oliver Mally is all it takes to get the audience hypnotized. Sometime the volume drops to the point where you could hear a pin drop. Just to raise a storm simply with their guitars in the very next moment.
- Ferenczi György és az 1ső Pesti Rackák Concert Online The 1-ső Pesti Rackák band’s program combines the love of Hungarian culture and the rock’n’roll revolution. This is how it fits in with the poems of Sándor Petőfi and Attila Gérecz in Kalotaszeg, as well as with the music of Jimi Hendrix.
- NAPFONAT in Papírkutya Veszprém Music Napfonat is a special spot of colour in the Hungarian musical palette, as the formation is a meeting of five singers, five female figureheads, a creative community, who together work in the broad and diverse genre of world music.