We have set ourselves an elusive goal: we want Veszprém to be the city with proportionally the highest number of musicians and singers in Hungary. We do not want to measure this as much as we want to feel it, simply because numerous studies tell us that cities with more musicians are the happiest.
Veszprém was awarded the UNESCO City of Music title in 2019, and since then, we have been working to be worthy of that title every day. Veszprém is Leopold Auer's hometown - this is a source of pride but also a responsibility.
We believe in building from the bottom up. We start by providing musical experiences that appeal to the youngest children, by training professionals, providing inspiring venues for amateur orchestras, unique educational and community opportunities for young and old. We will create opportunities for beginners and those who want to start anew, breathe new life into choral traditions, perform musical curiosities for the discerning and demanding Veszprém audience. Music here is not a something happening to us, it is happening with us.
Music/City projectsMore projects
- Veszprém Street Music Festival Category: Music/City projects Do dream awake in Veszprém!
- Swing-Swing Café Category: Music/City projects A meeting point for generations.
- Baroque Organ Music in the Churches of the Balaton Uplands Category: Music/City projects Masterclass by Sietze de Vries.
Music/City eventsMore events
- Veszprém Jazz Festival 2023 Helyszín: In addition to unmissable international A-list stars, the festival will mostly feature more progressive artists of the jazz genre, communicating with borderline genres, taking into account the diversity of jazz.
- Veszprém Blues Festival 2023 Helyszín: Four world-renowned Grammy-winning blues artists are joined by finalists of European Blues Challenge and International Blues Challenge in recent years. Elefsina and Timișoara will delegate their best alongside the genre's Hungarian stars.
- Didgeridoo with Zoltán Jankovics - 08.12.2022 Helyszín: Veszprém It affects you, surrounds you, calms you, uplifts you, helps you to express. That's what music can do! Take part in Soundplay programmes and experience the power of music for yourself!