- Category: Project Kultháló (CultWeb) CultWeb bases will see meetings of artist friends, musicians, writers, painters, significant local personages and masters to mold the spirit of the place into a mindset open to experiences of dialogue, initiation, fascination and joy. More
- Category: Project Hangjáték - new development programme for music Pop music trainings, choir restart, activities for children – Hangjáték, development programme for the music of Veszprém-Balaton 2023 European Capital of Culture is introducing to the public. More
- Category: Project Beyond Forms Objects of certain types can evoke whole mindframes of life: this is certainly true of holiday home gates and fences around Lake Balaton. More
- Small-scale cultural cooperation projects in the Danube region - Category: News Within the framework of the INTERREG-Danube Transnational project CultPlatForm_21 (2017-19), a concept for the establishment of low-threshold small-scale financing of art projects in the Danube region was developed on the initiative of the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts Baden-Württemberg. This is what we call now the Danube Small Project Fund for Culture.
- The diversity of Veszprém is impressing! – Interview with the international jury members of the Street Music Festival - Category: News From 25 to 28 August, one of the city's most popular music events, the Street Music Festival, takes place, with this year's jury including representatives from the 2022 EKF city Kaunas and the 2024 EKF city Tartu.
- Surveys - Category: News The ECoC 2023 Veszprém application’s key concept is collaboration, which appears not only in the joint proposal of Veszprém and the Balaton region, but also…
Hungary's new cutural, creative region The Veszprém-Balaton 2023 European Capital of Culture programme is a celebration for this town and region, helping the area advance to the status of a major European cultural scene and tourist destination. In organising a string of showcase events, our aim is to boost the number of culture consumers in addition to improving creative industries in service of culture through education and infrastructural developments. Our projects
- IX. Music Hungary Konferencia Category: Veszprém The experts of Hungarian pop music will visit Veszprém again.
- Daudia / Papírkutya Category: Veszprém Daudia is a duo made of Italian songwriters, singers and musicians Davide and Claudia. They play piano, keyboards, guitar, ukulele and both sing and write music.
What we are working for
- Tag: #Buildingcommunities We Build on People Our aims may only be reached working together with local communities and involving people who live here. This is the only way to shape a creative, collaborative region open to the future, where social groups of the widest diversity may meet to create new values with shared goals. Details
- Tag: #Opennes European Horizon Our region has centuries-old traditions. Openness to the world has always been one of its top values. The European Capital of Culture title introduces new perspectives of international cooperation, which will allow us to yet again look at our own cultural heritage with a marvelling eye and rediscover its energies creating our future. Details
- Tag: #Innovation Shaping the Future ECoC works towards creating an inspiring medium which fosters dialogue, creativity, rethinking traditions, and making best use of new technologies. The region’s future is thus shaped by collaboration between creative artists, communities, and generations. Details
- Tag: #Sustainability Culture for Tomorrow European Capital of Culture is not an event for a single year only. It is aimed at the completion of such developments, programmes, and projects which will be put into the long-term service of the region’s culture, its social and economic interests, and at the same time protect its environmental assets. Details
- Tag: #Celebration A Region of the Joy of Life European Capital of Culture 2023 celebrates one of Hungary’s most beautiful regions. The uniquely charming undulating countryside has always been a place full of joy of life and being together with its special spirit, its inhabitants, food, and wines. This liveable environment is a major value to the cultural-creative region: ECoC’s programmes and events are designed to convey this feeling of joy of life. Details