- Category: Event OLD TOWN MARKET | EVENT SERIES Cheerfulness, cozy chat, breakfast and lunch together, clean, quality and local ingredients. Shopping bag or basket, maybe even canvas bag. More
- Category: Project Kultháló (CultNet) CultNet bases will see meetings of artist friends, musicians, writers, painters, significant local personages and masters to mold the spirit of the place into a mindset open to experiences of dialogue, initiation, fascination and joy. More
- Category: Project Hangjáték - new development programme for music Pop music trainings, choir restart, activities for children – Hangjáték, development programme for the music of Veszprém-Balaton 2023 European Capital of Culture is introducing to the public. More
- Music made the most severe restrictions bearable - Category: News Music Hungary Konferencia was organized for the second time in Veszprém and this year it was expanded with a showcase-concert programme.
- Volunteering Is a Value – International Conference in Veszprém - Category: News Volunteering is one of the pillars of the VEB2023 programme: the value-creating work of the "Ragyogók – The Shinies" volunteer team, established in 2020 under the auspices of the programme, has already contributed to the success of the Hungarian Motion Picture Festival, the Street Music Festival and the Filmpicnic events. Indeed, this well-tested initiative greatly contributed to the choice of venue for the volunteer conference.
- Small-scale cultural cooperation projects in the Danube region - Category: News Within the framework of the INTERREG-Danube Transnational project CultPlatForm_21 (2017-19), a concept for the establishment of low-threshold small-scale financing of art projects in the Danube region was developed on the initiative of the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts Baden-Württemberg. This is what we call now the Danube Small Project Fund for Culture.
Hungary's new cutural, creative region The Veszprém-Balaton 2023 European Capital of Culture programme is a celebration for this town and region, helping the area advance to the status of a major European cultural scene and tourist destination. In organising a string of showcase events, our aim is to boost the number of culture consumers in addition to improving creative industries in service of culture through education and infrastructural developments. Our projects
- Gospel Moments / Papírkutya Helyszín: Veszprém In the past year they have been touring all over the country as a traditional blues duo, but also one which experiments with pop music elements.
- BIDF - Budapest International Documentary Festival Helyszín: Veszprém From January 22 to 30 2022 - as part of the 8th edition of BIDF - documentary lovers will be able to choose from 200 screenings of almost 50 movies over more than a week in Budapest (at Cinema City Mammut) and 10 major cities across Hungary, including Veszprém!
- SCOTT & LILA/ Papírkutya Helyszín: Veszprém SCOTT & LILA is an acoustic duo from Berlin.
What we are working for
- Tag: #Buildingcommunities We Build on People Our aims may only be reached working together with local communities and involving people who live here. This is the only way to shape a creative, collaborative region open to the future, where social groups of the widest diversity may meet to create new values with shared goals. Details
- Tag: #Opennes European Horizon Our region has centuries-old traditions. Openness to the world has always been one of its top values. The European Capital of Culture title introduces new perspectives of international cooperation, which will allow us to yet again look at our own cultural heritage with a marvelling eye and rediscover its energies creating our future. Details
- Tag: #Innovation Shaping the Future ECoC works towards creating an inspiring medium which fosters dialogue, creativity, rethinking traditions, and making best use of new technologies. The region’s future is thus shaped by collaboration between creative artists, communities, and generations. Details
- Tag: #Sustainability Culture for Tomorrow European Capital of Culture is not an event for a single year only. It is aimed at the completion of such developments, programmes, and projects which will be put into the long-term service of the region’s culture, its social and economic interests, and at the same time protect its environmental assets. Details
- Tag: #Celebration A Region of the Joy of Life European Capital of Culture 2023 celebrates one of Hungary’s most beautiful regions. The uniquely charming undulating countryside has always been a place full of joy of life and being together with its special spirit, its inhabitants, food, and wines. This liveable environment is a major value to the cultural-creative region: ECoC’s programmes and events are designed to convey this feeling of joy of life. Details