- Category: Immerse yourself in culture! Choose an experience!
- Category: Event OLD TOWN MARKET | EVENT SERIES Cheerfulness, cozy chat, breakfast and lunch together, clean, quality and local ingredients. Shopping bag or basket, maybe even canvas bag. More
- Category: Project Hangjáték - new development programme for music Pop music trainings, choir restart, activities for children – Hangjáték, development programme for the music of Veszprém-Balaton 2023 European Capital of Culture is introducing to the public. More
- Category: 25th – 27th February / Veszprém Off-Season Contemporary Literary Festival More
- We are welcoming an international team of volunteers! - Category: News People all over the world want to know more about us! Another sign of this is the arrival of a team of 12 international volunteers to see how we are preparing for the European Capital of Culture 2023 events.
- The Finnish city of Oulu, European Capital of Culture 2026, announces an Open Call for cultural programme partners - Category: News The Open Call for international partners of the Oulu 2026 cultural programme will be launched in October 2022.
- WEST UNIVERSITY OF TIMISOARA SUMMER SCHOOL - Category: News
Hungary's new cutural, creative region The Veszprém-Balaton 2023 European Capital of Culture programme is a celebration for this town and region, helping the area advance to the status of a major European cultural scene and tourist destination. In organising a string of showcase events, our aim is to boost the number of culture consumers in addition to improving creative industries in service of culture through education and infrastructural developments. Our projects
- Élő-kép – Tara teknője Helyszín: Az Élőkép Színház, ahogy a nevéből sejthető, élő képzőművészeti alkotásokat hoz létre.
- Balaton Wine & Gourmet! Helyszín: Balaton Wine & Gourmet is the largest gastronomic undertaking of the Veszprém-Balaton 2023 European Capital of Culture series.
- Night of Cafés 2022 Helyszín: The Night of the Cafés is a 2-day event taking place at 12 venues in Veszprém and 10 at Lake Balaton on 25-26 September 2022.
What we are working for
- Tag: #Buildingcommunities We Build on People Our aims may only be reached working together with local communities and involving people who live here. This is the only way to shape a creative, collaborative region open to the future, where social groups of the widest diversity may meet to create new values with shared goals. Details
- Tag: #Opennes European Horizon Our region has centuries-old traditions. Openness to the world has always been one of its top values. The European Capital of Culture title introduces new perspectives of international cooperation, which will allow us to yet again look at our own cultural heritage with a marvelling eye and rediscover its energies creating our future. Details
- Tag: #Innovation Shaping the Future ECoC works towards creating an inspiring medium which fosters dialogue, creativity, rethinking traditions, and making best use of new technologies. The region’s future is thus shaped by collaboration between creative artists, communities, and generations. Details
- Tag: #Sustainability Culture for Tomorrow European Capital of Culture is not an event for a single year only. It is aimed at the completion of such developments, programmes, and projects which will be put into the long-term service of the region’s culture, its social and economic interests, and at the same time protect its environmental assets. Details
- Tag: #Celebration A Region of the Joy of Life European Capital of Culture 2023 celebrates one of Hungary’s most beautiful regions. The uniquely charming undulating countryside has always been a place full of joy of life and being together with its special spirit, its inhabitants, food, and wines. This liveable environment is a major value to the cultural-creative region: ECoC’s programmes and events are designed to convey this feeling of joy of life. Details