Veszprém and the region's attributes and spaces are particularly well suited to serve as venues for special art activities and to add unique emphasis to the interconnection of nature, man, and art. Even the most ordinary everyday space can become an unusual one for art. From an experimental performance on the Number 4 bus to a drama staged deep in the woods, from street theatre on a beach to a contemporary literary festival in a Zala County village, and a modern puppet theatre for adults. Artists creating their art in unusual places in unusual ways and there is always a twist in the structure of the encounters.
To break out of traditional forms is, of course,also an invitation to the audience.As spectators become active participants in the experiments, new connections are created between landscape, spectator, and artist, and in the process,the audience is transformed into a community. By setting examples, these unconventional spaces open new horizons for local cultural creators, keeping the arts-infused daily life of Veszprém and the region in a state of constant renewal.
Out-of-the-Ordinary projectsMore projects
- INOTA Category: Out-of-the-Ordinary projects The mission of contemporary culture, beyond the basic experience of inclusion, has always been to respond to what is happening in the world, to what is happening around us. The extreme challenges of the 21st century demand extra strong responses, and INOTA steps into the picture accordingly: the project will establish Hungary's largest response-seeking, definitive audiovisual festival in Veszprém County, with a dedicated international line-up of artists, creators and visionaries.
- Reading Cabin Category: Out-of-the-Ordinary projects There’s more room outside.
- MarginFest Category: Out-of-the-Ordinary projects A Most Colourful Festival in the Smallest Venue.
Out-of-the-Ordinary eventsMore events
- Out of the Ordinary: Compagnie Belova-Iacobelli: Tchaïka Veszprém theatre Did you know that plays are not restricted within the four walls of the theatre? We take performances out into unusual spaces you might not have thought culture could connect to. Well, it definitely can! Come and see for yourself!
- Ruinconcert - Dörgicse Dörgicse Literature Music Veszprém and the Lake Balaton Uplands have a uniquely rich medieval heritage, as you can find monasteries, churches, chapels and castle ruins everywhere you go in the region. These ruins will be filled with life and art in the Veszprém-Balaton 2023 European Capital of Culture Ruin Concert series.
- Out-of-the Ordinary Spaces – ˮAnd yet it moves …” Bakonybél theatre "AND YET IT MOVES..." (premiere) - Bakonybél, Pannon Csillagda (observatory) A performance by actor Dávid Szelle and lute artist Csaba Nagy, a 3D projection performance with texts by Galileo, excerpts from his literary works and lute music composed by the Galieli family.