For us, the ECOC label and the ECOC Year are a celebration, a unique and unrepeatable opportunity to express the pride we feel and to experience the many things the region has to offer. It is a year-long celebration not only of Veszprém and the Bakony-Balaton region but a celebration with Europe that may even bring distant continents closer to us.
We believe that unique and unrepeatable experiences are defining events not just for a city or a region but for all of us. Everyone will take something away; a concert to be remembered for a lifetime, dancing with abandon until dawn, a meeting, or a defining professional experience. Glimpses of the future will suck in others.
We can never be sure, but we are convinced that it will be a once-in-a-lifetime and unrepeatable experience.
Celebration projectsMore projects
- Regional Show Category: Celebration projects … How Twelve Cities Celebrate
- InterUrban Category: Celebration projects In 2023, we will bring the whole world to Veszprém: 25 cities from 25 countries will introduce themselves, alternating every two weeks, bringing the melodies, flavours, and talent of distant lands.
- Grand Opening Category: Celebration projects Veszprém and the Bakony-Balaton region will launch the European Capital of Culture programme year on 21-22 January 2023 with a spectacular celebration to mark the 200th anniversary of the birth of Hungary’s national anthem, ‘Himnusz’ (Hymn), and the Day of Hungarian Culture.
Celebration eventsMore Events
- InterUrban: #22 Gyumri (AM) Celebration events Armenia's second city, Gyumri, bears a small part of the country's troubled history and cultural richness. 09/10/2023 - 22/10/2023
- InterUrban: Tartu - Curly Strings concert (EE) Veszprém Music Curly Strings is an acoustic four-piece band that draws its inspiration from their own personal heritage in the current Estonian cultural space. FOTON Audiovizuális Centrum 8200 Veszprém, Vár utca 17 27/10/2023 19:00 - 20:30
- InterUrban: Kristiina Ehin and Silver Sepp poetry and music Veszprém An evening full of songs, poetry and stories from Estonia by Silver Sepp and Kristiina Ehin is taking you to the landscapes of Estonian bogs and seaside meadows where the summer is short and light and the gray winter seems to last forever. FOTON Audiovizuális Centrum 8200 Veszprém, Vár utca 17 25/10/2023 18:00 - 21:00