- Category: Event OLD TOWN MARKET | EVENT SERIES Cheerfulness, cozy chat, breakfast and lunch together, clean, quality and local ingredients. Shopping bag or basket, maybe even canvas bag. More
- Category: Project Kultháló (CultNet) CultNet bases will see meetings of artist friends, musicians, writers, painters, significant local personages and masters to mold the spirit of the place into a mindset open to experiences of dialogue, initiation, fascination and joy. More
- Category: Project Hangjáték - new development programme for music Pop music trainings, choir restart, activities for children – Hangjáték, development programme for the music of Veszprém-Balaton 2023 European Capital of Culture is introducing to the public. More
- SUMMER UNIVERSITY - Category: News The University of Pannonia Faculty of Business and Economics presents
- Music made the most severe restrictions bearable - Category: News Music Hungary Konferencia was organized for the second time in Veszprém and this year it was expanded with a showcase-concert programme.
- Volunteering Is a Value – International Conference in Veszprém - Category: News Volunteering is one of the pillars of the VEB2023 programme: the value-creating work of the "Ragyogók – The Shinies" volunteer team, established in 2020 under the auspices of the programme, has already contributed to the success of the Hungarian Motion Picture Festival, the Street Music Festival and the Filmpicnic events. Indeed, this well-tested initiative greatly contributed to the choice of venue for the volunteer conference.
Hungary's new cutural, creative region The Veszprém-Balaton 2023 European Capital of Culture programme is a celebration for this town and region, helping the area advance to the status of a major European cultural scene and tourist destination. In organising a string of showcase events, our aim is to boost the number of culture consumers in addition to improving creative industries in service of culture through education and infrastructural developments. Our projects
- Dream Awake in Veszprém Helyszín: One of Hungary’s most unique festivals, the Veszprém Street Music Festival will be held between 20-23 July, 2022, proving for the 23rd time: where there’s a will, there’s a way.
- Hungarian Motion Picture Festival 2022 Helyszín: Veszprém, Balatonfüred, Balatonalmádi The 2022 Hungarian Motion Picture Festival will take place in Veszprém and at Lake Balaton from 9th to 12th June, with open-air screenings, Hungarian film premieres, festival award winners, stars and artist-meets-audience events.
- OLD TOWN MARKET | EVENT SERIES Helyszín: Veszprém Cheerfulness, cozy chat, breakfast and lunch together, clean, quality and local ingredients. Shopping bag or basket, maybe even canvas bag.
What we are working for
- Tag: #Buildingcommunities We Build on People Our aims may only be reached working together with local communities and involving people who live here. This is the only way to shape a creative, collaborative region open to the future, where social groups of the widest diversity may meet to create new values with shared goals. Details
- Tag: #Opennes European Horizon Our region has centuries-old traditions. Openness to the world has always been one of its top values. The European Capital of Culture title introduces new perspectives of international cooperation, which will allow us to yet again look at our own cultural heritage with a marvelling eye and rediscover its energies creating our future. Details
- Tag: #Innovation Shaping the Future ECoC works towards creating an inspiring medium which fosters dialogue, creativity, rethinking traditions, and making best use of new technologies. The region’s future is thus shaped by collaboration between creative artists, communities, and generations. Details
- Tag: #Sustainability Culture for Tomorrow European Capital of Culture is not an event for a single year only. It is aimed at the completion of such developments, programmes, and projects which will be put into the long-term service of the region’s culture, its social and economic interests, and at the same time protect its environmental assets. Details
- Tag: #Celebration A Region of the Joy of Life European Capital of Culture 2023 celebrates one of Hungary’s most beautiful regions. The uniquely charming undulating countryside has always been a place full of joy of life and being together with its special spirit, its inhabitants, food, and wines. This liveable environment is a major value to the cultural-creative region: ECoC’s programmes and events are designed to convey this feeling of joy of life. Details