- Where to go? Our October programme guide is here Read more
- Mini Carnegie Hall From Big to Small, from Small to Big... Details
- Chaconne Festival Infinite potential of human creativity... Details
- Moods, Flavours, Experiences Roaming Veszprém and the Bakony-Balaton Region Details
- Cavalcade of programmes The Veszprém-Balaton-Bakony region is waiting for you with countless programmes! Choose an experience!
- Veszpreminfo.hu The official tourism website of the City of Queens Website
- Music/City Veszprém was awarded the UNESCO City of Music title in 2019, and since then, we have been working to be worthy of that title every day. Veszprém is Leopold Auer's hometown - this is a source of pride but also a responsibility.
- The busy world of Veszprém No more boring Tuesdays!
- Region, alive The Bakony-Balaton region: unusual density of goodness.
- Fragile Balaton Do we really know the lake and the landscape we are so attached to?
- Reflection Immersed in an identity-affirming or a critical perspective of the reflections, we try to take stock of who we are and the components of our identity.
- Bridges We want to live in a community where we can find the appropriate words and go beyond them, even when, at times, we come across sensitive and difficult issues.
- Out-of-the-Ordinary By setting examples, these unconventional spaces open new horizons for local cultural creators, keeping the arts-infused daily life of Veszprém and the region in a state of constant renewal.
- Celebration For us, the ECOC label and the ECOC Year are a celebration.
- Beyond Our programme is structured to create a secure base for the intensive, innovative community of Veszprém and the region to continue to scale up and develop past that date.
- We hosted regional experts from Tartu - Category: News During the week of our Halftime event, we hosted a delegation of 27 people from Veszprém's twin city Tartu, and the South Estonia region. Tartu will be the European Capital of Culture in 2024 and, like us, they were thinking in terms of a regional approach.
- Veszprém Jazz Festival - a four-day musical journey with iconic artists of the genre - Category: News Peter Gabriel and Sting's favourite drummer Manu Katché, nu jazz emblematic trumpeter Erik Truffaz, Grammy Award-winning guitar virtuoso Bill Frisell, amazing Swiss drummer Jojo Mayer and the Scary Pockets, who have made a name for themselves with their funk reinterpretations of well-known songs, will also perform at the Veszprém Jazz Festival from 16 to 19 November 2023.
- The ECoC Family was with us at half time - Category: News Colleagues from 13 ECoC cities celebrated with us on the Halftime programme! The recent encounter provided a great opportunity to see the results of the successful infrastructure developments of the past months and to taste the summer cultural bustle of Veszprém and the region. One of the highlights of their stay was the Long Table Picnic, where they shared the typical food and drinks of their countries, making this great community event even more colourful.
Hungary's new cutural, creative region The Veszprém-Balaton 2023 European Capital of Culture programme is a celebration for this town and region, helping the area advance to the status of a major European cultural scene and tourist destination. In organising a string of showcase events, our aim is to boost the number of culture consumers in addition to improving creative industries in service of culture through education and infrastructural developments. Our projects
- Tegularium / Brick Collection Veszprém The Tegularium reopens with an expanded exhibition with new collection pieces. At the historical permanent exhibition of Veszprém Brick we can learn more about the influence of one of our most basic building materials on the history of industry, art and civilization. House of Arts Veszrpém - Dubniczay Palace / Tegularium 8200 Veszprém, Vár utca 29 18/01/2023 - 31/12/2023
- VASS SHOE GALLERY – permanent exhibition on shoe history Veszprém By presenting classic footwear, the SHOE GALLERY gives you an insight into the secrets of a dying craft: presenting the tricks of shoe making, the moments of the professional techniques, how VASS SHOES, a high-quality product appreciated in contemporary fashion is made using traditional technology. House of Arts Veszprém - Modern Art Gallery – László Vass Collection 8200 Veszprém, Vár utca 3 21/01/2023 - 30/12/2023
- Treasures of Heroes Exhibition Veszprém The main focus of the exhibition is the timeline from prehistory to modern times, and the central role of Veszprém in the Árpád period. Artefacts from the Turkish and Reformation era are presented in the upstairs hall. Hősök Kapuja 8200 Veszprém, Vár utca 2 30/03/2023 - 31/12/2023